1. My mother ! She has always been there for me, and is really the only person that knows me inside and out. She remembers more things about me that I know myself, and I still cannot comprehend how she has so much unconditional love for me. She always is the main supplier of food, so she deserves to be at the top of this list :)
2. Stephen, cause he be da boyfraaaand :) But really, he means everything to me.
3. My roomaties :) I love living with you both, and I’m so sad to see this lease drawing to a close :/ You girls are the best, and I don’t know what my life would be like without you <3 And our new roommate Jaime, I love you toooo !!
4. My NNM’s. It all started out with Jennie, and I grew to love her so much. She is such an amazing big sister, and I am so thankful to have her in my life. Then there was little Mandorz, and I am so so happy I get to call her my rittle :) She is so fun to be around (and mess with), and I love her sooo much :) And finally, there was Jon and Tiffany :) I’ve gotten to know both of them over the past year, and I cannot express how wonderful they both are. You both are so special to me, as are my big and little :) This whole family dynamic is so cute and I am so thankful I can call you all sisters and brothers :)
5. My high school franddds. Whore, you made me wayyyy more confident in myself (and gave me a bigger dgaf attitude) than I was before. Thanks for toughening up my skin :) Mos Def, Thai, Rachel, Kim, you all know you’re all so important in my life. Our friendships will transcend decades :)
6. My other SK girls !
MOYSTER :) I love how we can chat about anything and everything, and I’m so glad I have someone like you to pick me up when I’m down and to share the moments when life is good.
I guess I love my slave too :P Haha but really, thanks for putting up with everything and being an amazing assistant ! I love how we are so mean to each other in front of others, but so nice when it’s just the two of us :)
diananananaa, elsa, raisha and amrit: from C-Ho till the present, you are all still so important to me and i love each and every one of ya !
Ehhh..I kinda cheated and grouped people together haha, but the more the merrier right?! :)
1. AN END TO BUDGET CUTS. I’m not amused in entertaining the idea that we are now paying more for less benefits in our education sector. It is ABSURB that we rely on cuts in our departments to keep our education system stable. The Center for Service in Action should NEVER have been considered as an area of possible removal. Humanitarian efforts should be applauded not faced with difficulty, especially at an institute of higher learning.
2. To feed those with no food, to clothe those with little to wear, and to help those who need in any way I can.
The Center for Service and Action, an amazing resource center that provides funds for volunteer programs such as Alternative Winter/Spring Break, has been cut from the Vice-Chancellor. This was without warning and without consulting the students. This lack of transparency is outrageous! There’s a…
It’s really unfair that when a woman walks into a supermarket, a creepy man on the street can whistle and say something inappropriate and have it not turn heads. I don’t give a fuck if I’m the “most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen”, you don’t holler at me on my way out of Albertsons and proceed to follow suit behind me as I approach my car. YOU DON’T. It’s sexist and demeaning to be treated that way because of the way I look. I shouldn’t have to lock my doors as fast I can as I enter my car to prevent you creeping. If girls can stare at men from a distance, then boys should learn to do the same.
“At the end, all that’s left of you are your possessions. Perhaps that’s why I’ve never been able to throw anything away. Perhaps that’s why I hoarded the world: with the hope that when I died, the sum total of my things would suggest a life larger than the one I lived.”—Nicole Krauss (The History of Love: A Novel)
1. Brush my teeth, wash my face, put on makeup, all that jazz.
2. Call my mom. Seriously. It’s a rule that I have to call her everyday to check in and tell her what I’m doing, if not, the next day she talks my head off about how it’s not that hard to keep in touch everyday. I call my extended family (aunt, uncle and grandma) on Sundays.
3. Make a ToDo list. I know, sounds OCD. But if I have a lot to do that day, I make a list according to things I need to remember so I can make sure I get everything I need to get done, done.
4. Pick out an outfit. Some days this can take a couple minutes, other days - up to an hour. I never usually pair the same two things twice (unless I really love how they look together), and style is important to me.
5. Eat. Sometimes not enough, sometimes too much :)
6. Read. I always have a book somewhere by my bedside that I’m currently reading leisurely. It’s relaxing to read a couple pages every night before bed, or in the middle of an afternoon as a calming addition to my midday routine. After my accident, this became especially important to me, because the more I read, the more I retrain my brain to read well enough to not feel exceptionally behind. If I didn’t, my reading speed would decrease dramatically and it could even progress to a difficulty in writing, so it is really essential I complete this part of my daily routine for my future.
7. Find reasons to be happy. I know this sounds unreal, but most mornings I wake up thinking how amazing my life is for living so comfortably. I walk outside and am amazed by how wonderful Irvine is, and how thankful I am to have such great opportunities around me. I love finding small reasons to be happy and facing each day with a positive attitude.
8. Talk to Boyfriend :) I love getting ‘Good Morning’ texts everyday :)
9. Sleep. Nothing gets in between my love affair with getting some shut eye for several hours every night ;)
1. I cannot ride a bike. Or climb a tree. [I was a pretty cautious kid.]
2. My mother is 51, my brother 31, and I am 21. My aunt is around the same age as my brother, making her and my mother seventeen years apart. Yeah, we have weird age gaps in our fam.
3. I joined Sigma Kappa Sorority in Winter of 2010, and was in their third pledge class..ever :) I was so unsure if this was a step in the right direction, but I have never been happier to have taken such a huge step out of my comfort zone. I am so glad I was able to meet such incredible girls through the past two new member classes <3 and of course, I am very thankful for my rhyme rine :) you girls are AMAZING.
4. I met my roomies Anna&Erika[&Cathy] sophomore year… on Facebook Marketplace haha. Who knew being the random in the apartment would turn out so well? :D <3 <3
5. I’ve been dancing for a longgggggg time now, and I love&miss it. I wish I kept up with it more.
6. I can move my ears [but I can’t smile when I do it :( ].
7. I LOVE ANTHROPOLOGIE. Me in a nutshell.
8. I spoke Turkish before English so I was put into ESL classes for a couple of years.
9. I can speak English, Turkish, Farsi, [some] French, [some] Spanish and [some] Taiwanese. I can read some Korean :)
10. I don’t like wearing pants. Skirts, dresses and shorts are just better :)